viernes, 12 de febrero de 2010

Tema de viernes

el otro día en un bareto pincharon esta canción, y pensé que pegaría en blog...
A ver si responde, al menos, Menchón :-)

Artic Monkeys - When the sun goes down

Who's that girl there?
I wonder what went wrong
So that she had to roam the streets
She dunt do major credit cards
I doubt she does receipts
It's all not quite legitimate

And what a scummy man
Just give him half a chance
I bet he'll rob you if he can
Can see it in his eyes,
Yeah, that he's got a driving ban
Amongst some other offences

And I've seen him with girls of the night
And he told Roxanne to put on her red light
They're all infected but he'll be alright
Cause he's a scumbag, don't you know
I said he's a scumbag, don't you know!

Although you're trying not to listen
Overt your eyes and staring at the ground
She makes a subtle proposition
"I'm sorry love I'll have to turn you down"

He must be up to something
What are the chances sure it's more than likely
I've got a feeling in my stomach
I start to wonder what his story might be

They said it changes when the sun goes down
Around here

Look here comes a Ford Mondeo
Isn't he Mister Inconspicuous?
And he don't even have to say 'owt
She's in the stance ready to get picked up

Bet she's delighted when she sees him
Pulling in and giving her the eye
Because she must be fucking freezing
Scantily clad beneath the clear night sky
it doesn't stop in the winter, no
Around here

They said it changes when the sun goes down
Over the river going out of town

What a scummy man
Just give him half a chance
I bet he'll rob you if he can
Can see it in his eyes that he's got a nasty plan
I hope you're not involved at all





venga, otra...
Hamlet - Denuncio a Dios


3 comentarios:

Richard dijo...

Dos canciones difíciles de escuchar en bares de por aquí, aunque creo que ambos grupos tienen canciones mejores.

Por cierto que, aunque en las emisoras generalistas no se hable de ellos, los arctic monkeys tienen muchísima publicidad por aquí: hace poco tocaron en madrid y en el telediario de la 2 (el de las once y pico de la noche) hicieron un reportaje sobre el concierto. Y uno de los locutores de la "primera hora" de carrusel deportivo (la de antes de los partidos) siempre habla de ellos.

Peor fortuna tienen los siempre profesionales hamlet, de quienes no he oído hablar en ningún medio desde el disco que sacaron después de darse a conocer con el J.F. O sea, hace mucho.

Anónimo dijo...

la de artic monkeys me pareció muy vacilona.

Que grupos como Hamlet, Hora Zulú, Ktulu... no hayan tenido mucho más éxito es que casi no tiene nombre. La desgracia de hacer determinados tipos de música en Espanya.

Curro dijo...

me ha clavado, no sé por qué, un "Anónimo". Curro.